Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Calfskin Heads

Hey does anybody know where I can get real calfskin drum heads? Also whenever I find a place that sells them they always come with just the skins. I'm not sure if that's just how they come or if you need a metal rim, like new heads, for them to work. If anybody knows anything about this that'd really help me out. Thanks a lot.

Posted on 16 years ago
"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

The Professional Drum Shop in Hollywood has them if you live near LA, or you can call them. I walked in nd asked for one and he went in the back and was back in about 2 mins. They come with rims and all , are about 70 dollars and I found them very tunable.

Posted on 16 years ago

I bought a slunk head and a batter head of Irish calfskin and put them on an old Sherwood snare drum that I have in my collection. They were very expensive, but it is a very special drum and I wanted to restore it to the way it would have been when it left the factory back in 1953. The heads probably cost me about what the entire resale value of that snare drum would be, today!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

I just wanted to chime in here and state that Stan, the owner of Professsional Drum Shop, is a great source for all things drumming. I have purchased thousands of dollars of equipment from him. I was provided amazing information, great products, and service at the very highest level. And, he's a nice guy.

http://prodrumshop.com/

phone (323) 469-6285 email: [email]prodrum@aol.com[/email]

Joey

Posted on 16 years ago

Check out www.earthtoneheads.com

I haven't tried them but the info. on their web site is more than intriguing.

Regards

DonS

Posted on 16 years ago

Here is a discussion on this forum form the past about Tucking Heads

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here