Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

Calfskin heads and a drum badge

I just finished restoring this 1920's Leedy snare, and need 2 items to put the finishing touches on it to be restored back to its original condition. Can anyone suggest where to go for a pair of vintage calfskin heads? I'm also looking for someone who deals in vintage badges (this one is missing). Thanks in advance. JAC

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

I just finished restoring this 1920's Leedy snare, and need 2 items to put the finishing touches on it to be restored back to its original condition. Can anyone suggest where to go for a pair of vintage calfskin heads? I'm also looking for someone who deals in vintage badges (this one is missing). Thanks in advance. JAC

Di you keep the wood flesh hoop the heads were on? If so you can get a piece of skin and re-use the hoops...If not you will have to have them made up for you..Each drum company did not used the same size flesh hoops on the drums..Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

Contact Jeff at Stern Tanning. Great calf heads and they don't have as many "weather" related problems as to tuning that the old heads had.

Yes, as Mikey said if you've still got the flesh hoop you can supply that or they'll put in on a new one for a few extra bucks.

http://www.sterntanning.com/percussion.htm

BGT

1 attachments
1972 Slingerland WMP 80N
1959 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
1965 Slingerland Artist Snare
1968 Slingerland Artist Snare
1972 Slingerland Sound King COB
1963 Slingerland WMP Student Radio King
Posted on 12 years ago

I can help you with the calfskin heads, contact me if you are interested.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here