Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

Cadillac Green

For those wondering how the Guitar Ranch Cadillac Green looks; here's my results, first two pics. I need one more round of buffing on this, but I just painted, with clear coats, and buffed for a bit. I don't think it matches really well. I'm reconsidering making an entire set using this paint. However, Guitar Ranch Gold Top paint is exceptional and looks perfect on this snare, third pic. These are technically vintage drums, at least the shells are.

3 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Looking good!

Your drums are going to be closer to the original Cadi Green than mine I think.

What I ended up doing was taking an original Cadi Green tom to an automotive paint supplier and have him esentially eyeball the drum and come up with a code. Even if I had the Gretsch original code from the 50's it would not match my original drum because it has 50+ years of wear. What he came up with was darn close to the tom I have and I'm very happy with it. I too have original 50's 3ply shells - all orphans from different years 50/51/53 and the tom I'm guessing is 54-57 maybe 58 at the latest.

Your drum looks like a beauty. I congratulate you on doing the painting yourself. Nice work....

From Rik_Everglade

For those wondering how the Guitar Ranch Cadillac Green looks; here's my results, first two pics. I need one more round of buffing on this, but I just painted, with clear coats, and buffed for a bit. I don't think it matches really well. I'm reconsidering making an entire set using this paint. However, Guitar Ranch Gold Top paint is exceptional and looks perfect on this snare, third pic. These are technically vintage drums, at least the shells are.

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks.

I guess I don't know what the actual green should look like, all I have to go by are your pics, Steve Maxwell and some Google pics. I should have also stated that I did a lot of sanding.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here