Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Bumwrap Drum Company

Just wondering if any of you has purchased a wrap offered by the Bumwrap Drum Company? I understand that their wraps are somewhat thinner than those offered by others since, apparently, some choose to install these wraps over existing wraps. I'm trying to determine whether their wraps are thick enough and durable enough to install on naked shells. Also, any other personal experiences that you may have had with this particular company and wouldn't mind sharing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Posted on 7 years ago

I ordered my flag motif wrap from Bumwrap. Reall good stuff and good people! The wrap is about 21mil. The average thickness for glass glitter wraps is anywhere from 30-35mil. I needed a thinner wrap for my 1994 Slingerland HSS kit to allow heads to fit. My shells were already bare and "normal" wrap was too thick. Here a some pictures of my kit.

-Mark

3 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

I have used their wraps on top of regular wrap and on bare shells, they do well on both. also they stand up to all the hard knocks of regular gigging

I highly recommend them

Posted on 7 years ago

From idrum4fun

I ordered my flag motif wrap from Bumwrap. Reall good stuff and good people! The wrap is about 21mil. The average thickness for glass glitter wraps is anywhere from 30-35mil. I needed a thinner wrap for my 1994 Slingerland HSS kit to allow heads to fit. My shells were already bare and "normal" wrap was too thick. Here a some pictures of my kit.-Mark

Mark: First, let me say that I flat out LOVE the looks of your kit! Do you have any idea what the "official" name of that pattern might be? I ask because I've always thought of doing a "patriotic kit", using a pic I've got of my parents during WWII as the bass drum head. I like your flag motif as well as another wrap they offer, which I believe they call "Bomber". It's got a "Blonde Bomber pin-up girl on it, as well as some planes. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see how that one looks on a complete kit. The small sample I've seen doesn't provide enough information.

Secondly, thank you for the information you provided regarding the wrap. I do appreciate it!

Finally, are their wraps fairly simple to install for a novice? I ask because I've never installed a wrap in the past and am wondering if I might be biting off more than I can chew.

Posted on 7 years ago

From blackd

I have used their wraps on top of regular wrap and on bare shells, they do well on both. also they stand up to all the hard knocks of regular giggingI highly recommend them

THANKS so much for your time, your input, and the information that you provided. I really appreciate it!

Posted on 7 years ago

From OldSchool

Mark: First, let me say that I flat out LOVE the looks of your kit! Do you have any idea what the "official" name of that pattern might be? I ask because I've always thought of doing a "patriotic kit", using a pic I've got of my parents during WWII as the bass drum head. I like your flag motif as well as another wrap they offer, which I believe they call "Bomber". It's got a "Blonde Bomber pin-up girl on it, as well as some planes. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see how that one looks on a complete kit. The small sample I've seen doesn't provide enough information.Secondly, thank you for the information you provided regarding the wrap. I do appreciate it!Finally, are their wraps fairly simple to install for a novice? I ask because I've never installed a wrap in the past and am wondering if I might be biting off more than I can chew.

Thanks for the compliments on my kit! In fact, we refer to it as the "patriotic kit", too! The flag design is called "George". Here's a link to the flag offerings at BumWrap. My design is the second one down on the right... http://www.bumwrapdrumco.com/drum-wrap-designs/flags/

And, yes, their wraps are easy to install. Just order the sizes you need and the wrap arrives with high-bond tape at the ends only. You'll have to remove the air vent grommets. I used die-cast grommets for re-installation. Also, notice that I aligned the flag on each drum to be centered where the grommet is located. Of course, I was lucky that my air vents faced forward. You can always re-drill for the air vents if you have to. Hope this info helps you out!

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

From idrum4fun

Thanks for the compliments on my kit! In fact, we refer to it as the "patriotic kit", too! The flag design is called "George". Here's a link to the flag offerings at BumWrap. My design is the second one down on the right... http://www.bumwrapdrumco.com/drum-wrap-designs/flags/And, yes, their wraps are easy to install. Just order the sizes you need and the wrap arrives with high-bond tape at the ends only. You'll have to remove the air vent grommets. I used die-cast grommets for re-installation. Also, notice that I aligned the flag on each drum to be centered where the grommet is located. Of course, I was lucky that my air vents faced forward. You can always re-drill for the air vents if you have to. Hope this info helps you out!-Mark

Definitely helpful, Mark! Thanks again. Did you line up the seam on each drum directly under the lugs? Just wondering.

Posted on 7 years ago

Great company and a pleasure to deal with.

Easy to wrap for a beginner.

Also they can produce any design or picture you want and price is good.

Here is my set I did from a picture of the shadow of the earth eclipsed on the sun.

Wayne

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

From DRUMR69

Great company and a pleasure to deal with.Easy to wrap for a beginner.Also they can produce any design or picture you want and price is good.Here is my set I did from a picture of the shadow of the earth eclipsed on the sun.Wayne

Thanks for your input, Wayne. I appreciate it! Great looking kit, btw!

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here