Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Bumwrap Drum Company: Buyer Beware

I bought and paid for a premium badge installation tool on 6/22/18

Still no tool. I called and emailed several times with no response. I got Paypal involved, still no reply. I went to their Facebook page and saw several negative reviews after this transaction. Seems like the same MO from the owner Murray. Bumwrap should model themselves like Precision Drum Company. Gary, George, and Andrea are Top-notch when it comes to Customer service and products.

Posted on 6 years ago

Here's his response earlier today, and mine back to him.

You opened a case with paypal. They reversed the funds. So I cant refund you until you end the case ?

Bumwrap team

www.bumwrapdrumco.com

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 9:39 AM, Bumwrap Drum Co wrote:

>

> Vince

> We ran short on stock. I will refund your money. The man I got them from passed away. I did not realize that a couple of orders went out prior to yours and wiped me out. I di apologize. We are bot here to rip anyone off. Sorry again. If we get more I will contact you and get one out asap.

>

> Murray.

>

> Bumwrap team

>

> www.bumwrapdrumco.com

Murray,

You can use whatever excuse you want. When I called and spoke to you on June 22, you had one in your hand when I was asking specific questions about the tool. I had asked you if that would ship today. You said, "either today or tomorrow" Now you tell me you have no stock. What gives with that ?

Yes, of course I opened a case with Paypal. I paid for something I didn't receive. It should have taken 2-3 day form Maryland to NY. I reached out to you numerous times by phone and your contact on your website before I contacted Paypal, with absolutely no decency of any replies from you. If you had no stock, you should have contacted immediately to let me know.

Earlier today I visited your Facebook page, it seems like you do this kind of thing to a lot of people. Just a poor business model in my opinion.

I was going to reach out to you about having you make me a custom wrap for my 7 piece kit. That's not going to ever happen. You've just wasted my time.

Posted on 6 years ago

From ludwigold

I bought and paid for a premium badge installation tool on 6/22/18Still no tool. I called and emailed several times with no response. I got Paypal involved, still no reply. I went to their Facebook page and saw several negative reviews after this transaction. Seems like the same MO from the owner Murray. Bumwrap should model themselves like Precision Drum Company. Gary, George, and Andrea are Top-notch when it comes to Customer service and products.

Sorry to hear of your issues with BumWrap, I have not had any issues with them in the past ordering wrap.

As far as a badge installation tool . . . Lowe's and Home Depot sells all of the parts which is basically a counter sunk bolt (head type) with a nut and then a metal and nylon washer. I bought all of the parts for about $1.00 and have been using that for a while. You will however need to replace the nylon washer after a few grommets, they can get deformed.

Michael

No Guru - I just love collecting & learning about vintage drums!

Some of my favorites from the kits in the collection
58 WFL New Yorker Blue Sparkle
67 Ludwig Hollywood Red Psychedelic
69 Ludwig Standard Red Ruby Strata
70's Ludwig BOP "Ringo" Kit

A few of my favorite snares
20's Leedy Black Elite
51 Leedy & Ludwig Knob Tension
58 WFL Buddy Rich Classic Blue Sparkle
63 Walberg & Auge Sea Blue Agave Green Pearl
66 Leedy Shelly Manne Blue Agate Pearl
Posted on 6 years ago

I too have a home made model that I've used successfully. Here is an affordable one...

https://www.jamminsam.com/eyelet-installer-tool/

Mike

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here