Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Buffed Broadway

After seeing Gerard's thread about his cleaned up RK I thought I'd show off my 1940 Leedy Broadway Standard that I acquired shortly after Gerard got his RK. It's not really a restoration, more a good cleaning. I intended on leaving the paint as it is. I just gave the shell a light clean and finished with a beeswax polish. The nickel polished up very well and the drum is superb. Apart from the paint the drum is in amazing shape. Every screw, nut, tension rod and washer appear to be original and in great shape. It sounds and plays great, too. What was obvious when dismantling and reassembling this drum was the quality of workmanship and materials which is quite a bit better than 60s and 70s drums I've worked on. There appears to be 3 stamps inside the shell with the most legible being 7-40

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 9 years ago

Andrew. Leedy and conn era leedy drums are some of the best built shells of all time, out of all of them that I've owned I've never had to work on the shell at all. no ply separation, out of roundness.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

From vintagemore2000

Andrew. Leedy and conn era leedy drums are some of the best built shells of all time, out of all of them that I've owned I've never had to work on the shell at all. no ply separation, out of roundness.

I have to agree with you based on this drum. It's the first Leedy I've owned but i love it. I gigged it on Saturday with my 20s Ludwig bass drum and it played faultlessly. No throw-off problems or de-tuning tension rods and a nice focused beefy sound. I asked my sister in-law to take some photos at the gig but she took video instead, which isn't ideally what i wanted but as a result you can get a very rough idea of the sound.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYOUtGXKflw"]Michael Rhinestone Cowboy - God is Dead Blues - YouTube[/ame]

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 9 years ago

Beefy indeed (although difficult to judge on a recording like this). Nice playing too: tight, straightforward and functional.

Vintage and custom drum projects:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
Posted on 9 years ago

I love it,- sounds great, great beefy tone.Yes Sir

I love the jazz era
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here