Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Buffalo Drum repair guy

Anyone know of any drum repair guys in Western NY Buffalo area?

Posted on 11 years ago

I can repair most anything. I'm down here in Silver Creek, NY. I work in Buffalo. What needs to be done?

Posted on 11 years ago

I'm in Toronto Canada..

have a set of 1963 Rogers 18 bass drum 12 tom & 14 Flr..in natural maple finish... thinking of removing all the hardware and getting it all polished and have the drums sanded and restain ,clear coated.

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 11 years ago

How bad is the stain underneath the finish? Is the clear finish lacquer or poly. If the stain is good, do a simple high grit sanding of the finish and a apply another coat of clear. I would recommend not taking it down to the stain. I've worked a lot with stain. From my own experience and seeing other peoples attempts at re-staining, I doubt you'd be happy. You have a unique set, and a botched stain job will be a glaring reminder to not do this. If the stain has lots of bare spots showing through, or lots of scratches, then sand the shells back down to a stainable surface. Use a pre stain, then stain, and then apply your top finish.

Posted on 11 years ago

Pics would help.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here