Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Buddy Rich Snare Drum Time Line ?

I everyone. I'm new here. Just found this site today.

I have a few vintage Slingerland snares and vintage Ludwigs.

However, to my question.

Can anyone give me a time line of the snare drums Buddy used ?

Followed by a more difficult question.

Can anyone give a time line of snare heads Buddy used ?

Posted on 18 years ago

Hey Hawk... and WELCOME to the board!

I have actually assembled EXACTLY what you seek in the way of research, and the actual model snare drums Buddy played from 1949 to 1979, or up until he left Slingerland if you will. Needless to say, BR's career spanned from 1919 to 1987... so ... that's a LOT of snare drums! I limited my collection to the most active period with regard to drum/equipment changes made by Buddy. So,

Our most gracious webmaster/host will be posting a graphic/link of the timeline showing my snare drums and when BR played them. Stay tuned!

Regarding your snare drum head query: Buddy was a staunch Remo Diplomat fan... the Diplomat was his head of choice almost exclusively. This would also include the bottom/resonant head as well. However!... ( there's always a however! ) ... there are exceptions here and there, probably due to not being able to find/procure Diplomats on occasion. In those cases, Remo Ambassadors were fitted on his snare drum. For 99.9% of the time though, Diplomats were it for Buddy!

Tommyp

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks TommyP,

Hello everyone, here is a link to the mentioned TommyP "Snare Drums of Buddy Rich" feature. It is actually almost done, but we were not sure if anyone would be interested in it.....Laughing H

Sorry for the teaser folks, we are both perfectionists and want this major article to be perfect and complete.

Click Here

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks so much ! Fast response !

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here