Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Buddy Rich COW Slingy Question

:confused::confused: Hello again to all. I desperately need your help. I currently have a 1970 Buddy Rich COW for sale on Ebay. After doing all my research and with much help from you on this site I identified it as mentioned. However someone looking at the pics on Ebay said it looks like a 5 ply shell and not the correct 3 ply. He asked me to determine if the hoops are steel or brass. I determined that they are steel because a low grade magnet did stick to them. Would that determine if it is a 5 ply or 3 ply? I put some pics so maybe you can help. The serial # is 83036

Thank you so very much!

Posted on 15 years ago

A 3-ply shell would have reinforcement rings. The 5-ply would not.

I'm guessing he wanted the 3-ply version with the chocolate milk interior.

Regardless it is still a BR Snare just a different version.

A true BR fan is looking for the drum he was playing when he endorsed Slingerland.

Other people will not care and they just want a BR snare.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

From Webmaster

A 3-ply shell would have reinforcement rings. The 5-ply would not.I'm guessing he wanted the 3-ply version with the chocolate milk interior.Regardless it is still a BR Snare just a different version.A true BR fan is looking for the drum he was playing when he endorsed Slingerland. Other people will not care and they just want a BR snare.David

Thanks for the help Dave. Just a couple more things. 1) Is this drum the one Buddy was playing when he endorsed Slingerland? 2)It has a five digit 83036 serial Number I can't figure out approx. what year it was made on Dr. Wenks chart. Any ideas?

Posted on 15 years ago

TommyP is the expert on this and has it pretty detailed as to when, where and how, but at this time he would have been playing the Fibes SFT. (Per TommyP)

Based on the DrCJW chart 72 or 73. Look at the number change and the fact that the 100,000 is between 1970 and 1975

Your 8x,xxx would fall prior to 1975

Based on the Dr's Shell timeline the 5-ply shells started in 1972

David

Posted on 15 years ago

From Webmaster

TommyP is the expert on this and has it pretty detailed as to when, where and how, but at this time he would have been playing the Fibes SFT. (Per TommyP)Based on the DrCJW chart 72 or 73. Look at the number change and the fact that the 100,000 is between 1970 and 1975Your 8x,xxx would fall prior to 1975Based on the Dr's Shell timeline the 5-ply shells started in 1972David

Thanks a bunch for your help David.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here