Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Buddy & Lewis

Found this funny vid of Jerry Lewis & Buddy Rich....classic:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=141o_jwG7cA[/ame]

Posted on 14 years ago

the side shot at 3:34 is awesome!!! oh man footwork galore!!!!Bowing

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

The date stamp on the video is claimed to be 1965....however, it is actually much earlier....more like 1956.

Cool vid though.....

Posted on 14 years ago

Yes... most certainly 1956 as Buddy is still with WFL/Ludwig here as evidenced by his set of gorgeous WFL's. In 1965 Buddy was still with Rogers. Perhaps a little dyslexia on the YouTube video date?! LOL!

Buddy and Jerry were very good friends actually... ( and I'm sure BR had EVERYTHING to do with getting Jerry that set too! ) ... Jerry Lewis was also Cathy Rich's honorary Godfather/uncle as Buddy put it!

Tommyp

Posted on 14 years ago

I think this might have been taken from the Colgate hour which would date it in the mid 50s.

Posted on 14 years ago

That was brilliant!

My wife saw me watching that vid, and made a good point. How is it back then, with three or four channels, and three major networks, you had some interesting stuff to watch in the evenings. Now, with hundreds of channels, it's hard to find anything worth watching many times.

Soap Box

Ok, rant over... fishwaltz out Hmmmm

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here