Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

I read in the "Cleaning and restoring" article that you don't use Brasso. Why?

I use it all the time and it works fine.

Only when chrome is fading and brass shining through or chrome hasn't been applied verry well and brass is bare, the chrome dissapears when using it, but I think this will happen with any metal polish.

Besides: how does it come that chrome doesn't goes off during cleanig when it is applied all over a surface and does goes off around spots where brass is visible and so making the spots becoming larger?

Posted on 17 years ago

It works. I prefer other stuff.

It is one cleaner that many people already have and in that case I would use it if it is available.

I remember my grandma always had an old can in the utility closet!

David

Webmaster

Posted on 17 years ago

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Posted on 17 years ago

Brasso was used on my cymbals now for nearly 40 years and when clean (I haven't done it for a while) they look mint.

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Brasso was used on my cymbals now for nearly 40 years and when clean (I haven't done it for a while) they look mint.

I can remember many years ago using Brasso on my old A Zildjians, and while yes, they'll look nice, the things I didn't like about Brasso, was getting Black Film off on the polishing towels literally for forever, and mucho rubbing, and rubbing.

I then tried on the advice of my old drum teacher, Bar Keeper's Friend. A lot easier on the arms, just wet the Cymbal, sprinkle on some Bar Keeper's Friend, use a relatively soft bristle brush, and lightly scrub in the direction of the lathing grooves on both sides. Rinse, wipe dry, and that's it. No nasty black stuff after, and they look like fresh from the factory. Mark

Posted on 17 years ago

Do they still do the finer version Silvo in the U.S.? It's certainly widely available in Europe and much less abrasive for chrome and not at all bad on cymbals for a less brutal approach.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here