Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Bradley Drums

Long story short I felt the need to buy another snare.I get the urge every so often so I did my normal store run here in CT and didn't find anything.Which I was ok with so I started to do my ebay hunting ( as a stencil drum fan " as we all know " I know what silly things to type in ) and I came across a Bradley 14" 60's Stencil snare.Never heard this exact name but I know the list is ever going.Here is the auction photo ( i'll post more when I get the snare and clean it )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&item=120026175384&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

And definatly not a bad winning price.I've seen a few stencil drums that are listed for upwards of $75 and it makes me laugh when i see the red sparkle slingerland knock off snare listed for so high.Knowing full well that another 30 are listed with bids and all for $19.99 or less,lol.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 18 years ago

Gosh, I realize I am replying 3 years later, but couldn't help when I saw the Bradley Drums name. I recently bought a set of Bradley's simply because they had some Zildjian cymbals with the set. The picture attached is my grandson playing the set. I knew nothing of stencil kits before purchasing this set. Unfortunately, the bottom rims and bass hoop were missing as well as the lugs for the bottoms of toms and floor tom.

I spent two days cleaning a ton of dirt and dust from the drums themselves. I paid $150 for the set and figured the 21" rock ride and 14" new beat hi-hats were worth that. The crash shown has a crack half way around the bell so it's worthless. I have yet to see any Bradley's anywhere else since. I was hoping to at least be able to get the lug casings, tension rods and rims for the toms. I have some old Pearl (which I understand manufactured the Bradley line out of japan), but realize they are sae and not metric. I found that out when realizing someone replaced one of the lug casings on the snare and I had one that wouldn't take but two of the tension rods and not the others.

Do you know where one might get the proper hardware to complete the kit?

Thanks,

Jim

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here