Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Booker "Bukka" White Aberdeen Mississippi Blues

Booker "Bukka" White is one of the great Mississippi Delta bluesman, here he is on his 1930 12 Fret National Duolian, this guitar is now owned by Eric Bibb who is awesome in his on right!! This is powerful stuff!!! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsMpHHSLSlc[/ame]

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

This video is Eric Bibb telling the story about how he acquired this awesome guitar and the Impact it has and had on him! originally the National was a sunburst finish, but Booker had it chromed, he was a Proud Dapper Gentleman and it had to look good for him!! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQl6g-jrFYk[/ame]

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I dig it- I have a Buuka cd right here on my table tonight- it`s very important root music.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Bukka White....WOW!!! ok who would have thought i would have found this post on our vintage drum forum!!!??? back in the 80's i was turned onto Bukka by the late Jeffery Lee Pierce...singer of L.A. based swamp blues punk band The Gun Club and i have been hooked ever since...in the video,and other songs on the same video,he gets percussive on his on dobro...it was said he picked a steel hawaiian guitar because he would BREAK the wooden one from slapping them...he was a boxer in OPP and did time there for a fight where the other guy lost his life!!! making his lp for columbia in the 40's while still in prison...he was accompanied by the great Washboard Sam...which is ALMOST drums...anyhow...buy his Parchment Farm Blues recordings it will not disappoint...

Posted on 14 years ago

I can't believe he chromed that guitar! oh man....that's so cool. It gives it a very distinct sound.

Posted on 14 years ago

Great to hear you know your blues players, Bukka is not well know to a lot of people man what a shame, I'm a rock,blues drummer!! so I have a wide listening range that I pull from!! and your own the money a lot of the real blues players didn't need us drummers they already had it in them!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here