Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Bonehead Alert

Just for a laugh I will give you this week's BONEHEAD ALERT: Nice RB Gretsch 6 lug snare, hoops and lugs were a little pitted and the wrap was trashed so I sent the hoops and lugs to the plater and ordered a new wrap. The throw, etc. cleaned up perfectly. Soooo the new wrap shows, I look, measure, align, mark you guys know the drill so the seam of the new wrap would be behind a lug on the the back opposite the badge. I cut off the excess, get an absolutely perfect edge with my file and then sit back and admire my work. Well I want to put the badge on and go through the steps, I aged the grommet, drilled the hole, mounted the badge, flipped the drum to find that I had set the seam with the @#$@# key holder hole!!!!! The seam is on the lug next to the badge... :mad: DOH I don't even want to deal with it at the moment...it's just sitting on a work bench staring at me like "Wilson". I guess I will fix it next week.

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago

Funny! Sorry to hear it, but that was a funny post, man!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Nice!! Hey, you should stick a Kent badge on that drum. It's not unusual to have a seam right next to the badge on a Kent!!!

Also, re-drill the lug holes so they are all a little crooked :)

Great story which I'm sure MANY of us can sympathize with.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here