Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Black Premier shell interior

what type and years does premier drums have black inside shells

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I think they started that in the 80's...if you look carefully, you may discover those to be luan shells...imports from asia (the death of good old-school drum companies back then...they were all doing it...keep production cost as low as possible, make the biggest buck they could, blah, blah, blah).

I am not a Premier expert by any means, but every Premier I have seen with factory-black interiors have been these asian shells and they date from the '80's-90's.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Yes. I agree. It started in the late 80's after Yamaha bought Premier. The same finish was applied to most of Yamaha's Power V series, also made in the Premier factory.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thank you guys...

You guys have any ideas about the color?

I looked at catalogs at drumarchive.com and not able to pin it down...

Posted on 15 years ago

That set looks like the Dark blue or Black diamond pearl limited edition APK (not sure what color they called it). APK and XPK had black interiors, as did Power V and Black Shadow Resonators.

Also pretty sure that the APKs and XPKs were still UK-built. They did a super cheapo import set in the 80s whose name I've forgotten, but otherwise I'm thinking that the first Chinese shells were the 2nd generation Cabrias.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here