Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Black Onyx Rogers kit

I'm interested in a black onyx Rogers kit. A similar one was just at the Chicago drum show but I don't know if it sold or for how much. Is it possible to get one of these under a $1,000?

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]You want an original, I assume ? For an original, probably gonna have to go over $1g for it, even 3 pcs./no snare.

Just a thought, I can do up a re-wrapped one for about $750-900 depending on whether you want a snare or not.

Here was one I made for someone a while back...original Holiday shells, all original Rogers hardware.....(FT had been a 12x15 Marching Tom previously, in this instance)[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Great job on that wrap Jaye!. Yes, I'm looking for an original but it's good to know I have other options. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]Thanks...yeah, expect to pony up about a grand then. Best of luck...they come up now and again...I'd suggest just combing eFlay and C'list. Could also try the Rogers Owners Forum, I guess. [/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for responding Jaye!

Since most of these kits seem to come up without the snare, I was thinking about getting a lower end (hopefully wood) Rogers snare and rewrapping it to match. Would that be heresy? Any suggestions which snares it might be more acceptable to rewrap? Also since the original wrap has usually yellowed (which I really like) a new wrap might really stand out against it. If left out in the sun will the new wrap yellow?

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]Mmmm- nothing's really gonna make new wrap yellow quickly. Now in some cases one can order a custom color wrap from drummaker.com - because you can literally get 300 different color hues - but unfortunately they do not offer custom colors for onyx\agate patterns (they don't even sell onyx style). Either just live w\ it being whiter - or choose red or green or blue onyx for the snare instead[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR=Purple]Mmmm- nothing's really gonna make new wrap yellow quickly. [/COLOR]

I got a cat ... I'm just sayin'.

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm cool with it not being as yellowed, my first priority is that I don't want to denigrate a snare drum by rewrapping it. My hope is to find a wood Rogers snare that I could rewrap without devaluing it.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hammer, I have a couple black Onyx kits in varying condition. All are playable, some with wrap alligatoring, a couple with tiny edge repairs and some in very good to excellent shape. They are all Dayton with swivo hardware. PM me if you want to talk about these. We might be able to work something out in your price range depending on what you want. I do not have a matching snare but do have a chrome powertone available.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here