Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

Black Diamond Pearl Wrap HELP!!!!

Hi All,

I have an old Leedy and Ludwig Knob Tension set that I need the tom re-wraped to complete the set. I cannot find a match anywhere from any of the suppliers or the custom guys out there. The wrap is more charcoal and getting samples is too gray or too black. I ran across an article and talked about a vintage Black Diamond Pearl wrap and matched my set. I cannot find a sheet anywhere.

Any advice? Re-wrap the whole kit is out of the question.

Thanks

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

I've been round and round with this one as well. I have a vintage kit with this color - and it was actually called Charcoal Pearl when it was new.

The only chance you have for a match is to use a special service that is available either through drummaker or Jammin Sams (can't remember). It is costly - but might be possible for you.

I decided to abandon my project, which was a 10 inch add-on to my kit that already had a 12 inch tom - so it was not as painful. Yet, the time I spent trying to solve this problem was very frustrating.

Call these companies above and explain your situation. If there is a solution to your problem - one of them will be able to help you find it, either taking your challenge on or referring you. Between them - they have all the expertise there is in this wrap business.

Best Blessings!

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks John its worth a shot!!!

Posted on 10 years ago

Another option (which the above mentioned companies might offer) is to make a high quality vinyl photo print of the original wrap. There were a few forum members who have done the same. I worked with a local vinyl company and their high quality prints end up the same thickness and even with a protective layer (similar to normal drum wrap) as well.

Sonor SQ2 10 14 18 American Walnut
L.A. Camco 12 14 18 Moss Green
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 18 w/snare Champagne
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 20 w/snare Burgundy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhdcpleTKlI

82nd ABN DIV OEF OIF Combat Infantry Veteran
Posted on 10 years ago

Precision Drum used to offer a "Vintage Black Pearl" wrap that was recently discontinued. You might want to check with them to see if they might have a sample available of that particular wrap to see if it matches what you've got on your other drums. If it does, perhaps they've still got enough available to cover one tom. Just a thought. Good luck.

Posted on 10 years ago

I have asked percision and others but no luck on a match. Perhaps a tom will be available and will keep searching. Thanks again for the advice.

Dave

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here