Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

black diamond pearl ludwigs and a 1959 snare

Hey,

can anyone tell me what years black diamond pearl finish with nickle hardware came out. I have a chance to buy a 5 pc kit the toms are painted white inside.

seems to be in good condition. I also have a gold sparkle stamped 1959 june 9, 8lug 5.5x14 snare just looking for any input on value the badge is a transition.

Thanks

launchpad

Posted on 15 years ago
www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks,

I wish I had a little more knowledge on that black diamond nickle plated ludwig drums the guy wants to sell it for 900 its a 5 piece kit I believe it could be 50 or 60's perhaps? The toms are painted white inside with no dates. They all match I'm not sure if there is a date on the base drum. It was to dark to see. the tom mounts had that permanent spacing no way to adjust 2-3' gap between the toms[upper] they were also the same size.

Posted on 15 years ago

From launchpad

Thanks, I wish I had a little more knowledge on that black diamond nickle plated ludwig drums the guy wants to sell it for 900 its a 5 piece kit I believe it could be 50 or 60's perhaps? The toms are painted white inside with no dates. They all match I'm not sure if there is a date on the base drum. It was to dark to see. the tom mounts had that permanent spacing no way to adjust 2-3' gap between the toms[upper] they were also the same size.

If the white paint was original, it sounds like an early 60's Hollywood kit, especially with the fixed mount and two 12's. What kind of mufflers did the toms have? Did the badges have serial numbers?

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Nice ol' kit...when you say 5-pc.... I assuume that means incl. a snare with matching badge to the rest of the kit ?

So a 5-pc. for $900 pricetag ?

That's not bad, really; if snare is included. I mean, if he's asking 9 bill$, offer him $850 and you would have gotten a purdy good deal, IMHO[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Hey guys i am picking the drums up today I will let you know more specifics when I have them. I did recall seeing the baseball bat mufflers on the drums[snare,toms]. the snare drum was missing top original hoop it's not nickle.

thanks for the help. sounds like this could be a fun project!!!

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Keep us posted...even with missing parts, it's still gonna come out to be a decent deal, fer sure...guitar3[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Not good on the black diamond kit the bass drum had serious structural damage such as a big crack were the leg mount was and the wrap was also torn at the same spot. I walked away from it not sure if it was still worth my time? and the kid was rather pushy, to many missing parts. However I found a Ludwig Vistalite Clear drumset for 1200 in mint condition what do you all think? I appreciate all the advice this can be rather addicting!!!![ha ha] I think I made the right decision on the black diamond.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]9 bill$ was sorta a high-middle price for that kit...if, in addition to the other stuff you mentioned it has that very significant damage to the bass drum...you are right to pass it by.

$700 maybe....

if you can talk the vistalite seller down to $1000-1050-ish, that would be a good deal.

from WFL's to Vistalites, eh?...in 6.0 seconds electricit[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

he is throwing in the 3 zildjian cymbals and stands not sure of what model the cymbals are other than old the stands are ludwig. hi hat cymbals and stand. the two upper toms are on a separate stand yet the base drum has the mount on it. bass drum pedal is a ludwig speed king I believe he said. they come in two travel case on wheels they have been stored for a long time suppose to be in mint condition. the picture I have seen they look good. but so did those black diamonds until I looked at them close up. I offered him 1200 he excepted

over the phone. I guess there is also extra hoops. the guy who owned them before was a fairly big musician out of southern cal. the band was called lucky star.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here