Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Black 1958-1959 Ludwig Snare???

I have a ludwig snare which I can't really find much information about and I'm not really sure how much it's worth. The drum shell is wood. It's finish is solid black. It has the 1958-1959 transitional ludwig logo and it has WFL strainer and buttslide. The strainer looks just like the ludwig P83 Strainer but it says WFL which I thought was odd. The interior is natural wood. It has 6 "tuning posts." It's in great shape and sounds amazing. I also have the bass drum and tom tom with the same 58-59 transition badge. Any further info reguarding price, rarity, year ect would be greatly appriciated.

Posted on 18 years ago

This was a transition time so drums do have different hardware

and they were using things up.

The 6 lugger was called the Pioneer and I would need pictures and drum sizes to determine more.

The snare since it is a 6 lugger is not rare and sells for between $150 and $225 being that it is a transition badge, possibly more. The color is not that common and you are sure it is the original finish?

Price on the set is really dependent on that finish, is it paint or wrap? What is the condtion, any extra holes. missing parts?

Also, what are all of the drum sizes and do you have pictures you can email me?

David

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here