Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Big R Dynasonic

So a friend tossed this old Dynasonic shell at me, said he had no use for it and knew I've been wanting one. It's in good condition, not sure how much it's worth. A little scratching around the top of the rim but otherwise no complaints. I'd like to restore it, starting with the lugs. I know there are reproduction Slingerland lugs out there, but does anyone know if there are reproduction lugs for these snares? Or would I be better off getting some more generic snare lugs?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fkNOXUD.jpg[/IMG]

My 70s Slingerlands
Posted on 9 years ago

You can find original Rogers lugs easy enough. Same with the strainer and butt end. Adding the snare frame and wires would be your personal choice. Many use them with regular snare wires. Getting the original parts avoid any modifications and are direct bolt on's. And are pretty affordable still. They are wonderful drums.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 9 years ago

Snare lugs are available from Drews Music in Woonsocket RI. New ones, specify you need inserts. The two hoops can be found on ebay. The frame, throw/butt, and wires, can also be had from David Drew. Its going to cost you about 250 to restore.

What you have....... second issue Big R era Dyna-Sonic. This is the first built for the Big R period shell. No dampener. They are found from approx. D14,900- 43,000 .... which is 30,000 numbers. Best estimation I can approximate are 3000-5000 Dyna-Sonics like that one were made. Third issue drums have the dampener. First issue drums have the Big R badge in the oval badge location and also sport the script ROGERS logo.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here