Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Big Band Drumming

I just thought I'd like to share one of the worlds greatest experience a human can have. I had the pleasure of playing an hour and a half set with an 18 piece big band!

We played Strike up the Band, Shiny Stockings, Intermission Riff, I've Got You Under My Skin (v), Witchcraft (v), Warm Breeze (Nestico), When Sunny Get's Blue, Bandstand Boogie, I Just Found Out About Love (v), Skylark (v), Blues Machine (Nestico), How High the Moon, Fly Me to the Moon (v), L-O-V-E (v), Smooth, Jersey Bounce, Leap Frog, Apple Honey and Finishing with Sing Sing Sing!

What could be better than that!

:)

Posted on 2 years ago

Driving a big band is a fun gig! Much different than a small jazz combo.

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 2 years ago

Oh yeah! The shout sections!

Posted on 2 years ago

My dream gig

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 2 years ago

Would love to experience the same one day. Being with all the musicians that make up a big band would be really cool. Would love that vibe. I also have a desire to be in a pit band one day when time allows.

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here