Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

beverly snare drum

I've come across an old beverly snare drum (steel, 14x5, pretty bashed up and pitted all around) that looks exactly like this one, though in worse condition.

Could anyone give me a bit more info on it? I may refurbish it

[IMG]http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/images/snare_beverley/bev514c111_large.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 17 years ago

if its heavily pitted with the same badge as the drum above then its a Premier 21 drum, also known as the 'cosmic' model. It was based apon the ludwig 400, and was sold in direct competition to the 400. Its a chrome over aluminium drum if theres heavy pitting, only the later 70's models were steel shelled (with B+H badge). Legend has it that Bill Ludwig II was most impressed with the drum when it was first released!!

Posted on 17 years ago

thanks bigz, you wouldn't happen to know anyhting about whether they're rare at all. Are they in the same kinda league as the supraphonics then?

thanks for your help

Posted on 17 years ago

Beverley sold really well in America and the rest of Europe for a while. Not knowing where you are, is have to say that the cosmic snare drum isnt amazingly rare, BUT most of the models from this era are missing the script badge (caught on shirts, flares etc), so yours is certainly worth hanging onto. It was known to some as the 'poor mans supraphonic 400', but they sound great to me.

Posted on 17 years ago

Just to keep things in check, that drum and photo belong to Bobby Chiasson from the Drum Farm.

Please give photo credits when possible.

David

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here