Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Beverly Ride

I have a 24" Beverly ride I bought new when I was in high school in the early 70's. I used it till I toured (when I replaced with a 22" Zildjian)- now a 20" Sweet Ride- At any rate- I was wondering if such a cymbal is collectable or worth much? (sorry no pictures) It is in perfect condition and sounds great for a ROCK ride- (although kind of loud and washy for my taste today)

I have no desire to part with it as it is part of my history- but wondered as I am writing up notes to keep with my past gear for future generations of possible interested parties. Thanks so much for any info! DJ

Posted on 1 year ago

I am not the knowledgeable cymbal guy but as far as a guesstimate on my part would be $200-300 for it because I believe a 24” Beverley ride is a nice, not too common size to have and believe it may be collectible for that reason.

Posted on 1 year ago

I found this demo online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7tpzka_jic

It is not mine but illustrates one similar. (Mine is much cleaner! ) Thanks Olimpass- I just want to keep notes of my old gear and update periodically- I appreciate your response

Posted on 1 year ago

I owned that one above that Wood & Weather was/is trying to sell for $200-$300. It was a pretty cool cymbal and thin. Unlike most Beverly cymbals it was not NiSi....but B20 bronze or something close....sounded very much like a 50's Zildjian. Very cool and scarce cymbal in the USA. It's availability in the UK and Europe might be a lot different. I sold it for around $150 as part of a trade.

Posted on 1 year ago

I had a 22" Beverly ride that I must have gotten with a drumset I bought, for I never would have bought it. It looked like it had been burned in a fire, because part of it was scorched black. Someone tried to remove all the black crud, but gave up. It sounded dismal at best; very trashy and dull, and not suitable for anything I could possibly use it for. I kept it for years thinking I might find a use for it, tried selling it with no takers, and finally, threw it in the garbage bin at the county dump.

'23 DW Collector's, Black Galaxy: 13/16/18/22/14 sn.
'01 DW Collector's, Oyster White: 8/10/12/14/16/22.
'24 DW Performance, Gold Sparkle, 12/14/20.
'59-ish Slingerland Pink Sparkle, 13/16/22.

'72 Slingerland Red Tiger Pearl: 12/13/16/16/22.
'70ish Slingerland Merlot Sparkle rewrap: 13/16/24.

'68ish Slingerland rewrap: 13/16/22.

'69 Rogers Holiday, Red Onyx: 13/16/24
'67 Ludwig Burgundy Sparkle: 12/13/16/22.
'70-ish Ludwig Std, Burgundy Oyster: 13/16/22.
'69-ish MIJ Drum Mate: Peacock Pearl: 13/16/22.
'67-ish MIJ Crown, Red Sparkle, 12/13/16/22.

'67-ish,. MIJ Drum Mate, Blue Oyster, 12/13/16/22.

Posted on 1 year ago

Thanks for the responses!- and obviously DrumBob- ANY cymbal looking like it had been "burned in a fire' wouldn't be good!....... (so no true answer to how good a Beverly 'could' be)... anyway- I am pleased people responded with comments. I have an estimate now of $150 to 300 which was better than my purchase of $65 new in the 70's - so I am going to put that estimate with the cymbal for the year '23... Just trying to keep records- THANKS!

BTW- I should correct my spelling: it is BEVERLEY (with the added 'e')- sorry!

Posted on 1 year ago

I have a 20" Ajax, which i assume is identical in great shape, and i love this cymbal more each time i use it. Its worth all of 300 to me, a fraction of what i paid. I wish i could find more, but they seem to be far and few between.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here