Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Beverly Drumkit

Hi

I know very little about drums but an elderly friend of mine has a Beverly Drumkit with a premier snare and its pre 1970 Steel .. any advice on this piece would be greatly appreciated.

thnx

Pat

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi. I too am a proud owner of a Beverley kit, though no snare. Beverley were a British drum company later taken over by Premier. Hence the similarity in logos. They were a great quality build, using all of Premier's standard hardware and good birch shells with re-rings. Mine's very late 60's and has all the attributes I've mentioned. Beverley carried on into the 70's, so I'm not sure if they ever used different wood, but they are quality drums. Here in England they are more common, but the second hand market is hardly flooded with them. They're more collectable in the US and other countries I would imagine. Is the Beverley badge a blue one, with a lower-case b, or is it black and white? Or does it say Beverley in script?

As for the snare - steel snares were common for Premier, but they made some class snares, as well as the more generic ones later supplied with kits. You could have a 2000 there, but it's hard to tell without any more info. Pictures would help a great deal.

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 15 years ago

Hi Brody

thnx a million for all the info .. I'll get a few more details and i'll get back to you

P

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here