Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.05637%

Beverley U.K.

Posted on 12 years ago

Also, any idea what year the badge is from. Its not in the badges section of the vintage drum guide.

Cheers.

Posted on 12 years ago

Beverley made by Premier in the seventies.

Same lugs later appeared on Premier Projectors (another name in the US - 1000 serie??)

Logo stems from a Beverley 21 snare - probably very easily sellable on its own, as they are missing on a lot of 21´s....

Badge would normally be a blue "b" - same style as an inverted, red Premier "P"....smart, innit?

Jon

Posted on 12 years ago

I have a wooden Beverley 14 x 6 snare drum made just prior to the sale of the company to Albert Della Porta in 1959. It has a Beverley made shell ----in fact all of it is Beverley made. The odd thing about your drum is that it has a Premier shell, lugs made by Premier but what looks like a Beverley made muffler and muffler knob. A Beverley kit I used to have and made prior to 1967 was made from entirely Premier parts. It seems that your drum was made at a time , when there were still some Beverley made parts to use up, so fairly close to 1959. The badge could have been added from a later date----since it is a rewrap.

Posted on 12 years ago

How would you rate this drum tonally, say compared to an old premier of the same era. Were they as good. I guess if its made from the same parts then there shouldn't really be a difference. But sometimes even though a company may have been using the same parts, shells etc, they just weren't put together as well.

Any thoughts?

Blonks.

Posted on 12 years ago

Same-same - they are all a little different. Some good, some better.

The badge har nothing to do with that. Only thing is, they don´t have Premiers die-cast hoops, and some people likes Premier lugs better.

Regards

Jon

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here