Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Beverley snare drum question

I have a vintage Beverley snare drum.

This didn't come with any snare wires, so I am wondering how to attach snare wires to the two ends of the drum. Looking at the snare strainer, I don't think I can attach snare wires to this drum that have plastic tab ends. I think I need to attach them using cord. This might sound silly, but -

How do I attach snare wires to this snare drum so I can get the drum up and running??? If it is with cord/string, how do I attach it?

Also, any ideas of the year of the drum?

Photos: 1-badge on the side of drum, 2-snare strainer, 3-snare strainer (bottom view), 4-bracket from opposite end of drum, 5-bracket from opposite end of drum(underside)

Matt

Posted on 15 years ago

A lot of the old Rose Morris snares, so perhaps this applies to Beverleys too, had no receiving holes for cord on the throw off end. You just secured it in the notches in the metal at the bottom. The butt-end though, has the holes you can see. You can make out these quite deep notches on your photo of the throw-off. a bit hard to describe, hope it helps!

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here