Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Beverley New Standard - Cool lugs

Got this snare with a pile of orphans recently. It was missing the butt and original strainer. Is now fitted with a Premier throw and butt. Very interesting and unique lug design.

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing, Fayray. I'd never seen those lugs before. The bolting on the sides kind of reminds me of Meazzi lugs. The usual model of lugs on Beverley's (not sure what they are called, but like in the pic attached) are one of the prettiest lug designs ever IMHO, but yours are definitely an interesting discovery! Congrats!

1 attachments
1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 7 years ago

Nice score. Yeah, I've never seen lugs like that before. The British drums from that era had some nice looking hardware. One of the things I like about my new John Grey Broadway kit.

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

Funky- I really like that Cosmic 21 lug design too. They seemed to really be in love with Art Deco. The lug on the New Standard snare above is a solid cast piece and the round parts that slide in the sides is the swivel nut to accept the tension rod.

Beverley certainly had some neat lug designs. One of my all time favorites is also from the New Standard period. I've never owned one but I've always kept these photos on file. Then there's also the Imperial lug which they used in the 30s.

Trilok: That John Grey lug is pretty, too

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks Guys. Excellent Lugs.

Architecture.

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 7 years ago

That first drum in your second group of photos really is Art Deco. Hercule Poirot would have like that one. All very interesting designs.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here