Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

best place to score some flitz??

want to try to get serious about restoring some of the drums i have around, spruce them up a bit. have a couple supraphonics that needs some love and a luddy stainless number. it's my understanding that the flitz polish is the best way to go, correct? been trying to find it in my local hardware stores with no luck. i see a couple sellers on ebay listing it. anyone have an opinion on the best place to get it cheap? and is the flitz buffing ball worth it? thanks!

yes, have some.
Posted on 15 years ago

Flitz good, Flitz very good.....I got mine on Ebay. It's a good product to shine up chrome. I ran out and went to my local Auto parts store and bought a chrome cleaner, which works just as good. Do be careful with other cleaners, make sure it's for chrome, not aluminum, that could be diasasterous...

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago

cool. anybody else wanna weigh in with other things they've used and how they compare?

yes, have some.
Posted on 15 years ago

Cape Cod metal polishing cloths

Got them at Ace Hardware on advice from a post here

Best product I have used yet

Here's a pic

1 attachments
Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

Pretty sure this has been covered elsewhere in the forum before so do a search and see what you find. I recently bought a giant bottle of Flitz online through their website that should last me a few years. Not a bad way to go but you have to pay shipping. A lot of true value hardware stores carry it as well as the Cape Cod stuff. Both are good.

What's important is for whatever you use to be not abrasive so that it will not scratch your nickel or chrome parts as you polish. I'm a fan of good old fashioned elbow grease as opposed to buffing balls and drills personally.

Have fun!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here