Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Before and AFTER

Here are some before and after pictures of my latest restoration. It took forever but was worth it. I have yet to polish the drum.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

Can youg give us the method for taking the paint off?

Thanks

David

Posted on 14 years ago

Yes PLEASE! I have a Slingy kit with white paint over green sparkle wrap. How did you do it? Thanks!

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

Will do once I figure out how to get the finish glossy again. I'll experiment with this drum to figure it all out then let everyone know. Send me some pictures of the slingy and I'll tell you if it can be done. If the finish isn't chipping off on your set I don't think it will be enough to get it off. The paing on my drums were fairly old and worn.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

No prob... Click on 'fishwaltz' in my sig. Follow links to drum page. You'll see a single pix there, at the bottom. If you need detail, let me know and I'll do 'em... THANKS!

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

Cool! Hey, you might want to try some Mothers Sealer Glaze. I use it on the Kent's I restore and some have had dull spots which the glaze did a nice job on. That and some carnuba wax once they are shiny again.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here