Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

bearing edges...

hello i am intending to resize a 16" x 16" floor tom to a smaller bassdrum.

Cutting of one side leaves on e bearing edge to be fixed....how do you do this ???? Sanding is part of it ii know Storm Trooper:-) its a mahoghny drum

thanx

Fred

Posted on 14 years ago

Can I ask What brand of shell is it?? what condition, color etc??

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

yes u may..its a japaneese maxwin tom.( black cover)....i also have a tama swingstar of same coulor and size.. both well used but no harm to shell or existing edges

Cheers

Fred

Posted on 14 years ago

Fred does it have re-rings inside the shell? and are you taking it to a 14" shell?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

no reinforced edges of any kind , no

it going 16x16 to 16x12...

maby 16 x 14....

Fred

Posted on 14 years ago

Cool, if you have the proper equipment or access to it, should be a straight forward alteration! what degree are the bearing edges 45 degree?

Posted on 14 years ago

....dont know.....but is sanding the way to get the edges going???

f

Posted on 14 years ago

Fred, after you've cut the shell you'll need a router with whatever degree edge you decide to go with, or you can farm all this out to an experienced drum shop! you could sand it down to what you need but you'll be at for a long while!!

Posted on 14 years ago

thanx---Walking

f

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here