Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Bearing edge work

I just had the edges on my mid 70's Slingy redone. 13, 16, 20 sizes. They refused to tune! The BD had been converted to a two head from the original single head so there was no front edge. I had the work done by Bernie Stone at Stone Custom Drums in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Excellent work, and FAST. Highly recommended!!

Greg

Posted on 12 years ago

I have never seen a factory single head BD by any drum maker !! I`m sure that someone could point me to that ad or cat. !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 12 years ago

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/slingerland_drumsets.html

Check out the 70's kits. Mine had the silver lining but sometime in it's life my bass had a front head put on. But no edge cut! Had to replace the mismatched front lugs, repaint hoops, clean and polish of course. Now it's a heluva players kit.

All the edges were rough from the factory, uneven and very sharp. Just a single 45 to the outside edge of the shell. Not good.

Posted on 12 years ago

First time for me !!

I noticed the changes along the way with it, like re-locateing the spurs after the poor placement in 70 !!

It had a finnished front ring, but I still know that thing shakes !!

You probably did the best thing for that BD !!

I found it odd they pictured it sitting on the floor like that !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here