Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

BDP Preserial KB Ludwig kit, floor tom needed

A while back I put out a wanted post for a BDP 16 in. floor tom to match the preserial KB Ludwig BDP drum kit I found at a local antique mall for which I paid $270. I put the kit in lay away and have now got it home and I am now ready to post some photos. I have located a later 1966 BDP floor tom that I will use untill I find a preserial KB one. I got all that you see in the photos plus some including a nice highhat stand and some other stuff and it is really not in bad shape...needs cleaned up and polished mostly. The preserial KB snare is nice and is really heavy and has no pits on the shell and I believe it to be COB. Most of the hardware has minimal pitting and not a lot of rust and all the wrap seams are nice and tight. The kicker hoops need repainted and the kit really needs a good cleaning and polishing. I am getting ready to remove all the heads and hardware to do the resoration project. Keep eyes out for me please for the BDP preserial KB 16 floor tom!

PS just pulled the kicker heads and it is stamped Sept 27, 1961

Posted on 14 years ago

More pics of the ludwig bdp kit

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here