Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

BD beater felt ends(ball)?

Anyone ever tried to buy the beater felt end to replace flattened out ones, without the rod? I have a Sonor and a Rogers with the large rod diameter that has a screw-on/pinned fitting to hold the beater on the rod.It is replacable but I know of no source for them.

Posted on 8 years ago

Try these guys - http://www.woollenfelt.com/drumbeaterfelt.html

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]"Other products like felt beaters for timpani beaters, pedal beaters, Musical Instrument Felt, Bass Drum Beaters, Beater Balls, etc. are also available. We can offer these in many sizes as per customers requirement."[/SIZE][/FONT]

HTH

Mitch

Posted on 8 years ago

Excellent, and thank you.

Posted on 8 years ago

My pleasure sir. I'd be interested to know how it turns out...

Mitch

Posted on 8 years ago

Thank you as well!!

Creighton

Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 8 years ago

You are also entirely welcome Creighton! What I do to find esoteric stuff is - I put the terms like "bass drum beater felt ball" into google and then click on images; it's too time-consuming to wade through all the hits on the web, but in images, you can find what you seek by finding an actual picture of it, which I did in this case. Then you click on "visit page" and presto! Again in this case, there were a gazillion pics of full beater assemblies with shaft and ball, but only one pic of the ball alone.

It would be good to know if these folks can do repro beater balls, match the shape of different manufacturers etc....

Mitch

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here