Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

bass pedal- NEW in box

Item # 130674711335.This fellow is selling a DIXIE pedal right out of the box. Priced to sell???

58-Blue Diamond-Pearl Clubdates
65-WMP Clubdates
66-Green Sparkle Clubdates
67-Root Beer Clubdates
65-Cream tiger-stripe Pearl Presidents
60's Red Sparkle Artist LTD
60's yellow sparkle Trixon's
??'s Kingston-MIJ--3piece kit/Pearl snare
many vintage pedals,cymbals,parts,ect,ect
Posted on 12 years ago

Well, first observation is that if they are dating that pedal by the Dixie emblem on the box, it could very well be a 1960s, not 1970s. I have a 72ish Dixie kit with the newer badge (in a rectangle).

At the same time, if I were considering this, I would want to see more proof that the pedal itself is a Dixie - either by something on the pedal, or the pedal perfectly matching an illustration on the side of the box.

Lastly, we like to have original matching hardware, but that $199 is ridiculous. I can see maybe $100, but for that - when entire MIJs are going for $100 these days. I know it is supposedly brand new, but so what. Even if one were collecting mint original MIJ kits, who would spend $200 on that pedal?? I wouldn't.

A footnote (pun intended!) is that I have seen and indeed have an original MIJ base pedal - and it does not look like that. Hey Jonnistix of Mikey - you have seen alot (like several of you) - have any of you ever seen that pedal before??

Skeptic and not foolish (even if it is authentic).....

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 12 years ago

Just checked out the seller's items....looks like these guys are on drugs.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ZILDJIAN-THIN-STAMP-1970S-20-RIDE-1850-GRAMS-THIN-/130669397152?pt=Vintgae_Drums_Percussion&hash=item1e6c80c4a0#ht_3439wt_1037

ok - I guess I should stop now before I **** somebody off.....

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 12 years ago

The Japanese kits in the 60's came out with basically two different pedals. Packed with the deluxe 4 piece kits there was a Pro , sometimes, Top, or sometimes Speed pedal but they were basically the same with minor differences. They had a cast aluminum footboard, a cast aluminum or painted cast steel frame , bearings and a leather strap, or flat metal strap which was later changed to a chain and the same basic pedal showed up with a stamped footboard as well. They were half decent.

With the cheap kits( 59.95 and up) came a pedal with a stamped cadmium or zinc plated footboard, a stamped frame , through which the beater shaft passed , for a bearing. There was a leather strap . The footboard, sometimes said speed on it , sometimes just pedal, probably other things. This is one of those. I can't say I remember the shield impression but it has value only for it's newness and nostalgia and that wouldn't be much.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here