Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Bass Drum Repair on 60's Ludwig

Hey,

I bought a kit cheap that has a crack in the wood in the inside of the bass drum that does not go all the way through. It seems pretty damn solid so it probably only goes through a ply or two. Regardless, I want to reinforce it if I can. Should I put wood filler in it and just paint it over a bit? Is there anything better I can use? I obviously cant clamp it but Id like to fill it with a little something.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on 18 years ago

I have used MiniWax Wood Filler for some minor repairs and the stuff hardens like the devil. Make sure you get the stuff with the hardener that comes in a seperate package with it. It has an odor, so use it in an open space and follow the directions carefully, like it says, mix only what you need. It sands very well, but use a mask because it contains some silicates. Your local hardware store chain should have it in stock. Stay away from the Elmer's stuff, not real solid.

backbeatkeeper

Keep on Pl

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here