Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Bass Drum Head A Bit Smaller Than 20

Guys, I'm trying to find out if anyone knows what bass drum heads are cut on the "small" side. By that , I mean, 20 inch bass drum heads, old or new, that may actually be a bit smaller than 20 inches.

My Trixon Bass drum shell is called a 20, but its actually around 19 and 3/4 inches. The Remo head I was going to use is called a 20, bit ITS actually a little bigger than 20, and its making it a little hard to get the hoop and claws on correctly.

So, I need to find a BD head thats cut a bit smaller than a 20. I'm thinking that some of the 60s MIJ heads may be a bit smaller than 20.

Anyone have any ideas....or have one?

Many thanks!

Retro

Posted on 7 years ago

If it's earlier Trixon then it maybe is metric --500 mm.

It seems to me that you can get some help from Fritz Steger (stdrums.de) or Ingo Winterberg (trixondrums.de).

Cheers,

George.

Posted on 7 years ago

Remo made up until recently some heads that fit british sizes. the serial numbers of the heads are the same as true 20"s but they add -BR at the end for British. Not sure if they still do that but i remember buying some of those for an old John Grey set and they fit perfectly.

Keep fixing them up...
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here