Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

bass drum embarrassment

Hey guys, went home yesterday after reading somethings you all wrote about trying to get my slingerland bass to sound like a bass..

well, the first thing I did was to remove the reso head and hit the batter with a mallet and UGH...what a sound..I am thinking to myself what the heck was I thinking when I left the batter setup that way..the batter head was installed with some tension but not a lot..nothing different than I do on my "not so vintage set"...so I thought what the heck lets give the lugs half a turn all the way around and see what happens..tighter than I usually go but what do I have to lose..did that and when I tapped the batter sweet sounding bass began to flow from the head/shell..so I turned the lugs one more half turn all the way around and Excited..the shell and head came alive..loose things in my man cave rattled with the thumpings sound..tryed tightening a bit more and began to lose it again..all this time I had been tensioning to around the same as my pearl set and quite frankly was a litte worrired about going to high in fear of damaging the bass rims..guess a little of experimenting pays off..got the reso head reinstalled and it sounds great..funny thing though..it wasn't as big a deal when I explained the success to my wife.. LoLoLoLoExcited..thanks for everyones feedback on this..

1965 slingerland Solo-Pink Champagne
1966-Rogers Dynasonic Chrome over brass Snare
1974-Rogers Dynasonic Chrome over brass Snare
1964-Slingerland RadioKing Chrome Snare
Posted on 14 years ago

Great!!!..Now try a wood beater if you can.It made a huge difference on my kick.Not the square one but the round oneWalking

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

good job!

what dimensions is your bass drum?? im in the market for a new one aha

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here