Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Basement dwelling 'Slings

Work in progress '66 Slings [Attachment: 2124]

1 attachments
Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 17 years ago

I love the blue satin flame finish.

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks! It does jump at you when the light hits it right. Probably looked pretty nice under stage lights. I have a long way to go on them.... next is getting the bass drum hoops right.. re-paint, put on the inlays, get a couple more decent claws and torpedo t-handles... then I'll just working my way through the kit. Wow wouldn't it be neat if I could learn to play them!! :confused:

Posted on 17 years ago

If the repair process goes at the "relaxed" pace you are describing, I'm sure you could factor in some drum lessons there too and unveil both the kit and your rythmic prowess at the same time.

Posted on 17 years ago

Hey.. now there's a plan. I did buy a couple learn to play books at the used book store. At 48 years old... my days of gaining "rythmic prowess" might be past... but I do have an 11 year-old who thinks the Slings rock. Maybe he and I can take some lessons together. Keep on Pl Keep on Pl

Posted on 17 years ago

Just for fun, this is what they looked like when I got them home from the yard sale... $25.00 what the heck![Attachment: 2156]

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here