Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Band O' Rama Ludwig

Not sure of the age on this drum but the orange stickers on the case and the head are for the 1971 and 1972 Band O" Rama in Marietta, Ohio.

It has rawhide looking strands instead of metal snares... [Attachment: 2170]

1 attachments
Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 17 years ago

If I were to guess I would say 1969 on that drum. If that throwoff is indeed original than I would guess late 1969. Those large round mufflers were used starting in 1968 and that throwoff appeared probobly sometime in late 1969. That is probobly some of the last of the keystone badges. Is there a date stamped inside?

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks.. I'll pull her apart tonight and see what it looks like inside. What's with the fiber snares..?? Is that normal on marching snares or low end drums or something like that. I haven't seen that on any drums on ebay or on here.

It's certainly a very different sound than my old Slinger 6 lug student snare.

I'm really new to the drum scene... but I'm really enjoying reading this forum and messing with the stuff I have recently picked up.

Thanks for putting up with a newbie!

Posted on 17 years ago

No date stamp... serial #731873... what's with the fiber snares? I haven't seen that on any other drums (in my month long vast experience with drums) :)

I think this was a bottom of the line Ludwig in basic white. Still a solid drum though.

3 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

Definately a '69. I think those snares are just a school band thing. Give a different sound for a marching drum. I'm still going to guess that this is a ltae 1969 drum. Last of the keystones! Cool Dude

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here