Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

badge holes in old slingerland shells

Hi, this is my first post on this sight so forgive me if I am asking a question that has already been asked. Did Slingerland put badges on toms in the 50's? Mainly the stamped brass style. I have a 1966 kit and it has badges on the snare and bass only. I have a older mahogany tom with a hole and the dogtag badge. Just trying to figure the age and if the badge on the drum is original . thanks

Posted on 16 years ago

Real good section on badges under the "Vintage Drum Identification" section of this web site.

I have a five piece kit of Slingerland drums date stamped from 1966 that have badges on every drum, the black and golds with serial numbers.

My four piece 50's Slingerland set has badge holes on the snare and bass drum only. Mounted tom and floor tom don't have holes.

Check out that vintage drum identifcation section or maybe put up a couple pictures... some of these guys are just incredible about seeing small things that nail down dates.

Best of luck..

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

You are correct on the no badges on the tom and floor tom in the 50's... Search the forum, because DrCJW has the exact date of that switch..

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks, I will search the forum, which by the way is great. Thanks for the speedy responce.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here