Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Badge Grommets

Whats the best way to attatch a new badge grommet? I damn near destroyed the new one trying to put it on, do I need a special tool or something? Also the grommets that I bought off ebay, supposedly for Slingerland drums, is quite a bit smaller in diameter than the hole on the shell for the badge, how snug should they be, these don't seem like they will work well to me. Anyone know a legit place to order a badge grommet for 60s Slingerland?

Posted on 14 years ago

I have read here that there some techniques you can do to attach a grommet using a block of wood and a ball peen hammer or a large steel ball. I just used a grommet compression tool with a new grommet on a Slingerland and it worked just fine.

Check out myoldkentuckydrums on eBay.

Current playing kit: '76 Ludwig Big Beat - White Cortex, 12/13/16/22 Hercules snare & cymbal stands, Atlas 1124 hi-hat. Zildjian Armand Series cymbals - 14" hats, 18" med. thin crash, 16" thin crash, 10" splash & 21" medium ride.

Current projects
:
1969 Ludwig Downbeat - Silver Sparkle just toms and bass, 12/14/20
Posted on 14 years ago
Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Wow,40.00 for thatLaughing H...you can make that for alot less money...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

From MIKEY777

Wow,40.00 for thatLaughing H...you can make that for alot less money...Mikey

Yea thats way pricey, but it looks simple enough to make. Thanks for the links guys, I'll try to make one!

Posted on 14 years ago

Here ya go. Yes make your own for under a buck.

Three screws are for different size grommets.

[IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/PapaJourney/ThreeScrews.jpg[/IMG]

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 14 years ago

From deadhead

Yea thats way pricey, but it looks simple enough to make. Thanks for the links guys, I'll try to make one!

You did have to make your own.This is the way i do this,"Carriage bolts"--This is how buy two just over the size of the grommet place one bolt in a vise round side up make sure its even then take the drum with the badge and grommet tape to the drum place the drum on top of the bolt in vise have someone hold the drum even and pressing down alittle to get a tight fit, take another bolt from the inside of shell place it on the grommet tap it with a hammer and the badge and grommet will be tight on drum....Less than a dollar fix...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

From PopsOldSkins

Here ya go. Yes make your own for under a buck.Three screws are for different size grommets.[IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/PapaJourney/ThreeScrews.jpg[/IMG]

I made my grommet instalation tool just like yours, it works fantastic! There is no reason to do it any other way. It goes nice & slow, you can make adjustments as you go, and it looks factory installed. I love you, man!! -LonExcited

Posted on 13 years ago

deadhead, I just made a small run of Slingerland grommets, same diameter and look as the originals we're still discussing pricing on these.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here