Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Audition Drums?

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 13 years ago

AUDITION drums are mij kit i dont think there's anything special about them but for the price they might be worth it if the cymbals are of any quality.

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 13 years ago

I have an email in to him for some closer pictures, but I'll need to unload some stuff first before buying anything more I think. :(

Posted on 13 years ago

Not that it would have any influence on quality from the period, but Woolworth's used the Audition brand name on all of there electronics products for the longest time going back to the early to mid 60's. I don't remember them selling drum kits, but, one never knows.

Posted on 13 years ago

The badge (if I see it right)looks like the black oval "supreme quality"stencil Star.If it's the Audition brand I remember,they were the ultimate lowest quality Hoshino's-no bearing edge,2-ply w/rerings,rectangle badge.Like Blackjack.

Posted on 13 years ago

Yep Japanese "stencil" kit from the 1960's made by either Pearl or Star (later known as Tama) Not very good quality, but as some on here have stated before....with some work, they can be made to sound "pretty good". Build quality in my opinion is sub-par compared to other drums of the period (both American and European) Also, the value on these is not much.

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys. Was just curious to what it was.

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 13 years ago

That's a 50.00 kit. The cymbals might pull it up to that, but I'm on fiddy.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here