Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Astro Snare Pix for cn679

Hi, Yeah, a tad late. I did tell you I would post these over a week ago. And, I actually took the pix, then promptly forgot. Apologies...

This is the snare that came with the Pearl kit here:

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=18802

You asked, so here are the pix, in all their farm fresh glory. Dirty, unpolished, forgotten... A derelict from the island of unloved snares. Sorry, but I still don't love it, but I do kinda like it... (not enough to marry it though)

The drum doesn't quite look like it's been rode hard & put away wet. But, I am willing to pass this along to someone else as their Saturday Night Sweety...

DOH

fishwaltz
Posted on 13 years ago

Ahh, and this is a Pearl, too, of sorts. Has the Pearl 'gold bar' lugs (they match the 'battleship' lugs. And it has the adjustable butt end! Does it seem to work well, is it useful?

Thanks for the pics!

Posted on 13 years ago

From cn679

Ahh, and this is a Pearl, too, of sorts. Has the Pearl 'gold bar' lugs (they match the 'battleship' lugs. And it has the adjustable butt end! Does it seem to work well, is it useful?Thanks for the pics!

Well, to a point...

As far as an MIJ COS snare goes, it does not disappoint. It doesn't even come close to the Royal Star snare we've discussed earlier. And, the Royal Star is a far cry from some of my other snares...

I would like to get an idea of the date though. The Astro has not got a badge, it has a sticker. I'm thinking that it's either an early 'sticker' wielding drum or they made this model much later than I would have assumed...

fishwaltz
Posted on 13 years ago

O-bop might know better, but this looks like an early-mid 70s drum based on the strainer, butt, lugs, and shell design. I think this is an example of the last stencil drums Pearl did in Japan before moving the operation to Taiwan.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here