Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Asama Percusion

Did anyone ever hear about Asama Drumsets! I got one as a present. Can´t find any info on the net.

Maybe some of you guys have some information?

regards

Christian

Posted on 9 years ago

Hi Christian,

Try searching google for "Asama Percussion". I just did and it came up with quite a few links that may have some info for you. It seems that they might haven a "stencil kit" from Japan. Good luck!

Posted on 9 years ago

Years ago Asama sent me one of their catalogs from Japan. At one time their kits were, other than the logo, indistinguishable in every way from Tama top line. As to their limited world distribution, I can only offer that I once read a quite thick Japanese rock music periodical covering the Japanese rock scene, and in it there were several high end brands of all equipment types shown in ads and in photos of live performance, bearing familiar designs but unfamiliar logos. Perhaps various Japanese manufacturers have subdivisions dedicated solely to their own domestic market.

Hmmmm

Posted on 9 years ago

i have a asama snare, well made imo, saw a similar drum in bali but different name on the lugs, i will post some pic if i can find them

Posted on 9 years ago

I tend to agree with Buckie,I have seen some sets on the net that had different and higher tech looking hardware and mounts than the MIJ kits sold in america in the 60's and early seventies,I think they made pro quality drums for the domestic market.

Posted on 9 years ago

I took a suite of mij snares to a mate of mine and he picked the asama 10 lugger as his number one pick, followed by my cob pearls, my premier 2000 cow and he couldn't take his eyes of my trak snare, all these drums are 10x lugs, the trak I had left the snare at home. this mate is a master tuner and has a big american influence, but was seriously impressed.

Posted on 9 years ago

Allright, that sounds good! I will soon post some pics here because i am restoring an 80s kit with long toms plus snare - at the moment. All i can say it´s a very well made instrument not cheap crap!

Thanks for all the infos guys;-)

regards

Christian

Posted on 9 years ago

From ChristianB

Allright, that sounds good! I will soon post some pics here because i am restoring an 80s kit with long toms plus snare - at the moment. All i can say it´s a very well made instrument not cheap crap! Thanks for all the infos guys;-)regardsChristian

Follow this link:

http://www.ladrummerie.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=40735&hilit=asama+900

hope you speak or understand french.Cooked Egg

lots of things about ASAMA on this forum; I own three "high end" kits and eight snare drums from this brand. can be ultimate crap or really well "cared for" kits.Yes Sir

Posted on 8 years ago

HY Thanks

but can´t read or speak French:-(

regards

Christian

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here