Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Are they Ludwigs?

This kid posted these on Craigslist a month ago and I got little info from him. He said they had no badges and looking at the lugs, they didnt seem like Ludwigs to me. The post just went up again today... $140 bux. Hmm. Can anyone help identifying these? Thanx!!!

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/msg/435178130.html

Posted on 16 years ago

Not a ludwig, look at the bass drum it has a third reinforcement ring in the middle of the shell. Also none of that hardware is ludwig's. Most likely a far east set. You can't assume that its a ludwig because of the sticker, that kid aint telling the truth. Email him.

Posted on 16 years ago

DEFINITELY NOT!!

They are Japanese "stencil" drums

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks guys, Just confirming what I had already thought. They didnt look right to me the first time. Funny thing is he thinks the sticker makes them Ludwigs. I will probably email him and burst his bubble.

Posted on 16 years ago

It's not just kids doing this... There was an adult who posted a set of "Ludwigs" on C-List near me. His proof was the sticker on the kick drum, and the fact that they were BDP, "Just like Ringo's kit".

I gently burst his bubble, but he refused to budge on the price (pretty low) even after he came to realize they were not Ludwigs.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 16 years ago

Yeah, I can see that being a dis-honest mistake by someone who may or may not know what they have. I ronically, I noticed someone posted a reply to that listing bursting his bubble on them. I'm wondering if it was someone from here?

Posted on 16 years ago

That was me. He seemed nice about and said he was going to correct it. The price is completely fair.

Posted on 16 years ago

That was me. He seemed nice about and said he was going to correct it. The price is completely fair.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here