Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Arbiter Advanced Tuning snare drum

Here is a great example of an Arbiter Advanced Tuning snare drum. It is 5.5x14 and as you can see in great shape for yr.......Thanks..sean

5 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

What year do you think it is?

40's Slingerland Radio King WMP
60's Ludwig Downbeat Silver Spark
70's Ludwig Super Classic White Marine
60's Gretsch RB Champaigne Spark
70's Rogers Big R Black
90's Sonor Hilite (Red maple)
00's DW Collectors Broken Glass
00's DW Jazz Series Tangerine Glass
10's DW Collectors (Acrylic) Matt Black Wrap
10's PDP Concept Wood Hoop kit (Maple)
Proud ambassador of the British Drum Company
Posted on 8 years ago

Awesome snare drum. Yes Sir

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 8 years ago

Forgive my ignorance! I dont think I have ever seen one of these or anything like it! How do you tune the head?

Prometheon.bandcamp.com
BLAST AWAY.
Posted on 8 years ago

Arbiter...AT Tuning

The AT kit uses a completely different principle to the Arbiter Autotune to achieve the same goal of single lug tuning. As a by-product it has a similar appearance, being lugless with large chrome rims.

The Autotune system is sometimes called the 'jam jar lid' kit, because of the way the whole rim screw down onto the shells. Folklore has it that Ivor got the idea for the AT 'Advanced Tuning' method from the high pressure exhaust pipe coupling on his yacht.

Here, each pipe (A and B) are widened at the ends to form a flange. These flanges are pulled together by the circular clamp, C.

In this case the clamp is tightened until the two pipes are pulled together firmly and form a gas tight seal. In the case of the AT drum, one flange is fitted to the wooden shell and the other flange is formed on the bottom of the tensioning hoop.

In this case the drum head keeps the two flanges apart and the clamp forces them together. By adjusting the tension on the clamp we smoothly and evenly adjust the tension on the skin. The snare was produced 1997....

Posted on 8 years ago

From vintagemore2000

Awesome snare drum. Yes Sir

Mark says it all!

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 8 years ago

What i want to do is show some more pics of all the workings in detail. Plus a video of just how quick you can change drum heads to desired pitch. Plus a perfect pitch up and down while playing.

Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks for the pictures. It's a very interesting drum. Is the interior paint the same multi coats of white poly that were applied to Haymans?I look forward to more pictures. Cheers.

Posted on 8 years ago

That was Ivors idea with the haymans called vibrasonic. He applied it to these the sound is incredible and the tension is so even it would take you ages on a traditional snare drum to tune like this. All drums should be like this. Ivor was ahead of his time.

Posted on 8 years ago

You arent kidding about being ahead of his time! Why hasnt this been adopted in recent drum engineering? This is some really cool stuff! Ingenious with the smooth tension all around. I would love to see/hear more!

Prometheon.bandcamp.com
BLAST AWAY.
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here