Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Appraisal Help

Howdy,

As I am sure is true with many of your newcomers, I am looking to estimate the value of my kit. Mind you, I actively play this kit and have no desire to sell but am interested in what I am banging on (and breaking) and whether I should invest in a road kit and save this one the wear and tear. I am a classic story of "Bought the kit at a garage sale when I was 14, played in a few bands in my youth, got a job and stuffed the drums in storage for many years, have rediscovered my youth, drug out the kit and and am playing again..."

Specs:

wood shells

silver sparkle wraps

Ludwig pre-serial number badges (1960-63)

Snare - 8-lug, 6.5"x14" with Classic strainer, Mounted Toms - 6-lug, 9"x12" (yes, they are the same size), Floor Tom - 8-lug, 17"x18", Kick - 10-lug, 17"x22"

white paint interior

2 cracks in the wrap of the kick (on bottom surface - not visible when set-up

Misc.: I have the matching Twin-spring Speed King pedal but do not play with it.

See attached pics.

Any thoughts/estimated values are welcome.

Thanks!

Ed

Posted on 18 years ago

I can take it off your hands for about $150!! Just ship it to me at your expense!

Just kidding! Laughing H

The set is a nice example and could sell for between $800 and $1200. We have another forum member on the hunt for a 60's Ludwig and eveything is falling in that price range and sometimes moe if people are bidding against each other. Interesting sizes with the 18" floor tom. I think there is a name for the set with twin matching mounted toms.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

For future reference, drums are measured by the shell size without the hoops...your toms are 8 x 12, the bass is 14 x 22, and the floor tom 16 x 16 or 16 x 18. The snare looks like a 5 x 14.

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks for the education, Rich! Shows you how much I know (don't know) about it all

See ya,

Ed

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here