Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Apollo Drums

I don't have a picture, but would $150 be a good price for an Apollo kit in blue sparkle? The wrap is in good shape, a few extra holes on the 16 and it has a Rogers type swivel-matic tom arm, it's a bit different, but pretty much the same thing, thanks.

9x13,16x16, 14x22

Posted on 12 years ago

I think it's on the high side of fair for a three-piece Apollo sparkle kit in anything less than mint condition. I like MIJ kits from the '60s and early '70s and think they tune up real well with the right heads. I'd like these more at $100. And that's if you want them to play. Even though I see closing prices continue to creep up for kits like this on eBay, I don't know that there'd be any meat left on the bone (as it were) if you needed to resell it.

Currently playing for loud rock and roll gigs:
1982 Ludwig Classic in white Cortex, 24-13-14-18 + Coliseum snare
For quieter gigs:
Early '70s Whitehall Tiger Eye Pearl 20-12-14-14
Neglected but thinking about:
Early '70s Sonor Champions in Rosewood, 22-12-13-16
Posted on 12 years ago

I agree with doublestroke kid completely but, having stated that, on ebay.ca an Apollo snare in silver sparkle is being offered for $128.88. Perhaps for someone wanting to complete a set, the price might be worth it to the individual. Beauty is truly "in the eye of the beholder". Personally, I would be leary of extra holes and hardware that doesn't match. These factors mean more expense if you really want to get the kit back to its authentic condition. Think twice, my friend.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here