Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Anyone Seen One Of These Apollo Percussion Kit?

Can anyone tell me about this kit please?

I was told it was 1960s, but the Apollo kits I have seen have different lugs and badges?

Heads 'may' give a clue to period.

It even had it's own sticks.

Thanks in advance.

My Collection:
Quite Frankly Drums - Vintage Classic Modern
http://www.quitefranklydrums.co.uk/
Posted on 8 years ago

Seen that before someewhere on this forum. I remember the conclusion was that it's a Japanese (or maybe Taiwanese) attempt at copying Sonor.

Vintage and custom drum projects:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
Posted on 8 years ago

Those lugs are CB, and the mounting hardware looks like Tama. If that hardware is original I'd say these are closer to the 1980's.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

I agree with Jay

The wristwatch lugs are C.B.700

and It would not make any sense that the mounting hardware is original

It has to have been a modification

The original mounting system is sort of the weakest link on those kits

The badges though they say Apollo, by size and configuration

actually resemble the C.B. 700 badges that you would normally expect to find

on a wristwatch lugged kit and are not like the normal Apollo Badges "old or new"

whatever is the case I like the kit based on the rarity of having WW lugs

and being factory badged as anything other than C.B. 700

Posted on 8 years ago

I would agree that these are quite cool - could be rebadged or relugged - or a rare case of the wristwatch lugs being used with a different stencil (Apollo). It would be very helpful to hunt down someone who had anything to do with CB700 - as perhaps they might know something about the shared badge with the Apollo retailer(s).

That kit is from the very early 80s. Those who have these drums with CB700 badges report that it is a very good quality build kit. These include Tommy Wells. Your heads look to likely be original.

If you like the look of them and the price is right, I would recommend pulling the trigger. That said, no more than $300 should be given for this kit, unless there are considerable cymbals involved in the deal.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

Everything on those drums is CB 700 but the mounts. The spurs are early Pearl swivel spurs. The mounts are MIT Tama copies. Certainly an odd hybrid.

Posted on 8 years ago

Great replies, thank you.

Still somewhat of a mystery kit and in such great condition too apart from two unfortunate things caused by the removal company, one an easy fix (floor tom leg lost.)

I'll look inside the shells tomorrow in day light to see if there are any clues. :)

My Collection:
Posted on 8 years ago

Please let us know if there are any extra holes or the like. Also does the badge say " made by " on it? It's hard to tell but it almost looks like it has writing under the Apollo name.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

No other holes, all the shells are mint.

The badges say Apollo Percussion.

My Collection:
Posted on 8 years ago

That is one enigmatic kit. Gotta say, I've always been a fan of the WW lugs, they have a classy look to them.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here