Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Anyone remember these?

Duraline kevlar drum heads for concert drums or drums with the from heads off..lol i just found a set here at the house wow long time ago.. 20,12,13,16..

Posted on 14 years ago

mike, i have a duraline 26'' bass drum head, that i bought a thousand years ago, made out of kevlar bullet proof literally,Cool1

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Are they for sale?

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

Yes i will sell them pm me a offer... heck you could make a bullet proof vest out of this stuff.. :)

Posted on 14 years ago

Wow, I haven't thought about those in a long time. I've got a 14" laying around somewhere.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi,

You can still buy Kevlar heads, the marching bands use them and they show up in the marching band product listings for Remo and others.

When Kevlar heads were introduced their greater capacity than Mylar heads to maintain higher tensions without stretching caused a lot of drum wreckage--literally. This is at least partly why modern marching drums are free floaters: Kevlar heads and even traditional high tension lugs can destroy a shell.

Here is an amusing thread on their history in the marching world:

http://www.marchingbandplanet.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=85&Itemid=34

and one on how bulletproof a Kevlar head is:

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9741919888/m/1311940349

Patrick

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here